Monday, June 28, 2010

Finally!

Last night was a momentous occasion for our little family. Marshall slept through the night! Hooray! He went to bed at about 8 p.m. last night and woke up at 7:30 a.m. Awesome!
Matt and I worked long and hard this weekend taking Marshall off of the bottle. He really relied on it to get to sleep, and back to sleep in the middle of the night. (We were giving him about 5 or 6 bottles a night!)
It was a rough weekend. Friday night he cried a lot, but Saturday night he cried even more. He cried from 11:00-1:30 straight. There was nothing we could do. He just wanted his "baba." We felt horrible, but knew it would pay off if we stuck to it. Before going to bed last night I was so worried that it would be another long night of tears. I wasn't sure I could handle another night. I kept waking up hour after hour thinking "I'm surprised he hasn't got up yet." When I left this morning to my surprise he was still sound asleep.
It has been over a year and a half since I've gotten a full nights sleep. I sure hope this continues, and wasn't just a fluke. Either way I'm very proud of my little man. He is getting so big!

1 comment:

Our Life, Our OHana, Our Luv... said...

yea for marshall and yea for his awesome parents!!!!!~ those nights are so hard but definitely worth it in the end.